Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Discussion Board: Creating Threads and Replying to Posts in Blackboard Learn
This handout is designed to assist you in creating threads and replying to posts.
QUICK STEPS: Creating Discussion Board Threads
1. Access the Discussion Board from the Control Panel.
2. Click on the Discussion Board thread.
3. Click on the forum.
4. Click Create Thread.
5. On the Create Thread page, enter a Subject.
6. Enter your reply in the Message text box.
7. To attach a file, browse using the Attach a file function below the Message box.
8. Click Save Draft to store a draft of the post or click Submit to create a thread.
To watch a video on how to Create a Discussion Board Thread, Click here.
QUICK STEPS: Replying to Discussion Board Posts
1. Access the forum and select the thread.
2. On the Thread Detail page, click the title of a post.
3. Click Reply.
4. On the Reply to Post page, edit Subject, if desired.
5. Enter the reply in the Message text box.
6. To attach a file, browse using the Attach a File function below the Message text box.
7. Click Save Draft to store a draft of the post or click Submit.
To watch a video on how to Reply to a Discussion Board Thread, Click here.
Training material provided by the Interactive Teaching & Technology Center, Arkansas State University, AR 72467. For further information you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 870-972-2334 or come by and visit us at http://www.astate.edu/ittc or Library, Suite 301. Information for the ITTCSMARTGuide provided in part by http://www.blackboard.com.