Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Adding a URL (External Link) in Blackboard Learn
This handout is designed to make you familiar with adding an external link.
QUICK STEPS: Adding a URL (External Link)
1. In Edit Mode, access a Content Area.
2. Select the Build Content drop down menu and choose URL.
3. Enter a (descriptive) name for the link. This name is what the student will click in order to go to the address.
4. Type or copy and paste the entire web address into the URL box.
5. You have the option of adding a short description for the link in the text box.
6. You can also attach a file and select options for the link such as availability, open in new window, tracking the number of views, date restrictions, etc.
7. The new URL item will appear at the bottom of the Content Area, where you can drag and drop it to the appropriate location.
To watch a video on how to Add a URL, Click here.
Training material provided by the Interactive Teaching & Technology Center, Arkansas State University, AR 72467. For further information you may contact email@example.com, 870-972-2334 or come by and visit us at http://www.astate.edu/ittc or Library, Suite 301. Information for the ITTCSMARTGuide provided in part by http://www.blackboard.com.