Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Creating a Tool Link in Blackboard Learn
This handout is designed to make you familiar with creating a tool link to your course menu or content area.
QUICK STEPS: Adding a Tool Link to the Course Menu
1. In Edit Mode, select the (+) Add Menu Item button (located above your course's title) and select Create Tool Link
2. Name the link, choose the type of tool you want to add, make it Available to Users, and Submit (the new link will appear at the bottom of the Course Menu, where you can drag and drop it to the appropriate location).
QUICK STEPS: Adding a Tool Link to a Content Area
1. In Edit Mode, access a Content Area.
2. Select the Build Content drop down menu and choose Tool Area.
3. Choose the type of tool you want to add, click Next.
4. Name the link and choose options (such as availability and date restrictions).
5. The new link will appear at the bottom of the Content area, where you can drag and drop it to the appropriate location.
To watch a video on Adding a Tool Link to both Course Menu & Content Area , Click here.
Training material provided by the Interactive Teaching & Technology Center, Arkansas State University, AR 72467. For further information you may contact email@example.com, 870-972-2334 or come by and visit us at http://www.astate.edu/ittc or Library, Suite 301. Information for the ITTCSMARTGuide provided in part by http://www.blackboard.com.