Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Grading Journals in Blackboard Learn
This handout is designed to assist you in grading journals.
QUICK STEPS: Grading Journals
1. On the Course home page, in Control Panel under Course Management, click the Course Tools.
2. Under Course Tools, click on Journals.
3. Click Create Journal.
4. On the Create Journal page, enter a Name for the Journal.
5. Enter text in the Instructions box and complete desired areas.
6. On Grade Settings, for Grade Journal, make sure you click the Grade radio node and enter points in the Points Possible box.
7. When completed, click Submit.
8. The column will be automatically created in the Grade Center.
9. Go to the Control Panel and under Course Tools click Journals.
10. Click the Journal that you want to grade.
11. Under More Journals, click Show Empty Journals to show the students.
12. Click on the student's name that needs grading.
13. Under Journal Grade, click Edit Grade.
14. Enter the grade in the Current Grade Value box. Optionally, enter Feedback and Grading Notes.
15. When finished, click Save Grade.
For more information on Grading Journals try Blackboard's Official Help Page, Click here
Training material provided by the Interactive Teaching & Technology Center, Arkansas State University, AR 72467. For further information you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 870-972-2334 or come by and visit us at http://www.astate.edu/ittc or Library, Suite 301. Information for the ITTCSMARTGuide provided in part by http://www.blackboard.com.