Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Connecting an Android device to AstateSecure
Using AstateSecure to authenticate an Android is a more convenient and secure way to connect these devices to ASU's wireless network. The configuration is a relatively easy one and will replace the web-authentication that AstateAnywhere requires.
For a first-time setup, please follow the instructions below. Note that these instructions might vary slightly depending on which version of Android you are running, but the actions should be similar.
If you are having problems connecting to the wireless network in general, please turn your Android completely off and then back on again. This fixes most of the wireless problems that we see with these devices.
FIRST TIME SETUP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Unlock the device and press the Home button.
2. Press the device's Menu button and select Settings.
3. Select "Wireless and network".
4. Select "Wi-Fi settings".
5. Select "AstateSecure".
6. For EAP method, select "PEAP".
7. For Phase 2 authentication, select "MSCHAPV2".
8. Leave both of the certificate options as is, enter your username in the Identity box, and then your password. Leave the "Anonymous identity" section blank. All you need for your username is the first part of your email address. For example, the format for students would be something like ima.redwolf and something like iredwolf for faculty and staff.
9. Press "Connect", and your device should now be connected.
08/10/12 ETB & JG