Getting Your A-State Email Set Up
1. Go to my.astate.edu
2. Once you reach the login page, you will need to click Reset Password / First Time Users.
3. This will take you to a new page where you'll need to select I Accept and then Submit.
5. After clicking sumbit, you will be taken to a page where you'll need to input your Campus Wide ID number and PIN numbers. If you do not know these numbers, you can click the link that says If you do not know your Campus Wide ID or PIN, Click Here to retrieve them.
6. Now you will need to fill out personal information, such as a secondary email address and security questions, that you will need to remember and have access throughout your whole A-State experience. This information will help you recover information, reset your password, unlock your account and more. Once you have fill everything out, click Submit.
7. This is where you will set up your new password. You will need to type this password in twice. You also need to make sure your password meets all of the A-State password requirements:
- At least eight characters long
- At least one number
- At least one lowercase letter
- At least one uppercase letter
- Cannot start with a number
- Cannot contain any symbols i.e. (&#*@)
- Cannot contain your name or username
- Cannot match any of your previous passwords.
7 Continued. You will also need to enter an Authorization code. That will be sent to your secondary email or you can click the link to get your authorization code by answering your security questions. Click Submit once you've created a password.
8. After this, you will come to a new screen with more terms and conditions. You will need to select I Authorize or I Do Not Authorize depending on your answer. If you are under 18 years old, you will need to type in your parent's name. Once everything is filled out, you can select your answer and then click Submit.
9. Once you do this, if you see a screen similar to this one with your username and email address listed, this means you have successfully created your A-State password and set up your account. If you do not see a screen like this but instead see a password error message, you will need to start all of these steps over from the beginning and choose a different password. If you received an account error message, this means you A-State account has not finished being created yet. Please check back in 24 hours and try these steps again.
For further assistance, contact the ITS Help Desk at 870-972-3933, the IT Store at 870-972-3500 or stop by the store. It is located on the bottom floor of the Dean B. Ellis Library, Room 149.