To access your A-State email on your laptop, you will need to use a web browser (Safari, Chrome or Firefox are good options). You can simply to go my.Astate and access your email that way, or you can log into Gmail and also access it. Below are the steps for each of these options:
1. Log into my.astate.edu, type in your A-State username and password and then click Login.
2. Verify your information using Duo Mobile.
3. Once you're successfully logged into my.Astate, you should be able to scroll down and see the Student Mail icon. Click on this and you will be taken directly into Gmail.
1. Type in gmail.com in the web browser of your choice. This should take you to Gmail's sign in page. You will need to type in your A-State email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in for the username portion and then click Next.
2. After you do this, you will be redirected to the my.Astate login page so that you can sign in with your A-State username and password and gain access to your email.
3. Once you have put in your A-State information and clicked Login, you will be signed into your A-State Gmail account and have access to all of your emails and updates from the University, your professors, Blackboard and more.
For further assistance, contact the ITS Help Desk at 870-972-3933, the IT Store at 870-972-3500 or stop by the store. It is located on the bottom floor of the Dean B. Ellis Library, Room 149.