iOS Devices (iPhones and iPads)
For iOS Devices such as iPhones or iPads, you have 2 options for using your A-State email. You can either use the Apple Mail app that looks like this (first image below). Or you can use the Gmail app that looks like this (second image below). There are instructions for each of these apps below, so follow the steps for the one that is applicable to you!
Apple Mail App:
1. Make sure you have the Apple Mail app downloaded on your device. It will look like this picture below and say "Mail" underneath it.
3. Scroll down within the Settings app until you see the Mail or Password and Accounts options. Click on whichever of these applies to you.
4. From here, Click on Accounts and then Add Account.
5. Once you do this, you will need to select Google as the provider and type in your A-State email address. A pop up will appear asking you to sign in with Google and you will need to click Continue.
6. After you do that, you will be taken to the my.Astate portal where you will need to sign in with your A-State username and password.
7. It will take a second to load the account onto your device, but once it is finished syncing, you will see this page. You will need to click Save and then your A-State email should be successfully added to the Apple Mail app.
1. Make sure you have the Gmail app downloaded on your device. It will look like this picture below and say "Gmail" underneath it.
2. When you open the Gmail app, you will need to click Sign In and then select which type of email account you want to add. You will need to select Google. A pop up will appear asking you to sign in with Google and you will need to click Continue.
3. Next you will type in your A-State email address and then click Next.
4. After that, you will be taken to the my.Astate portal where you will need to sign in with your A-State username and password and then click Login.
5. Once you complete the steps above, you should be successfully signed into the Gmail app with your A-State account!
For further assistance, contact the ITS Help Desk at 870-972-3933, the IT Store at 870-972-3500 or stop by the store. It is located on the bottom floor of the Dean B. Ellis Library, Room 149.