Download and How to Use Instructions
How to Download Respondus Lockdown Browser:
1. Go to the A-State Software Downloads page: https://www.astate.edu/a/its/software-downloads/.
2. Scroll down until you see two columns labeled Windows and Mac under Other Software.
3. Look at the section that applies to your device and find Respondus Lockdown Browser. Click on this to be brought to the download page.
4. On the page, click on the Install Now or Download button to begin downloading the software onto your device.
5. Once the download is complete, you should be able to see the application on your computer (either in your Launchpad for Mac or by searching for it on Windows). The application could like either of the two images below. See below the images for instructions on how to use Respondus Lockdown Browser!
How to use Respondus Lockdown Browser:
1. Open Respondus Lockdown Browser on your device.
2. Make sure AState Jonesboro and AState Online is selected and then click Continue.
3. You will be asked to close out of applications that you have open in order to launch the application. This is what it will look like if you are being asked to close currently open applications. You will need to click Close Applications in order to completely open Respondus Lockdown Browser.
4. Click Login to Blackboard so you can be taken to the my.Astate portal.
5. Once you get here, login with your A-State username and password and then click Login.
6. Once you complete Steps 1-5, you will be logged into Blackboard through Respondus Lockdown Browser. You will now need to navigate to the course you have an exam in and go through the instructions for the provided by your professor.
For further assistance, please contact the ITS Helpdesk at 870-972-3933, the IT Store at 870-972-3500 or stop by the store. It is located on the bottom floor of the Dean B. Ellis Library, Room 149.