Adding an eMail Account or Shared Mailbox to Outlook
Outlook Desktop (2016/2019) on Windows
- Open Outlook.
- Select File from the top menu bar.
- Press the Add Account button.
- Enter the email address of the mailbox or shared mailbox and press Connect.
- Select the Exchange icon. As soon as you click on the Exchange icon, Outlook will attempt to connect to the mailbox.
- Once Outlook successfully connects to the mailbox Press Done
Outlook Desktop on Mac OS
- Open Outlook
In the Tools menu, choose Accounts, and select the account that has access to the mailbox.
Select Delegation and Sharing
Choose Shared With Me tab
Choose + to add a shared or delegated mailbox
- You may need to restart Outlook after adding the new mailbox.
- When adding a shared mailbox, if you are prompted for any credentials enter your A-State credentials.
- If you have permissions to custom folders in the mailbox but not to the top-level mailbox folder, the custom folders will not appear in the folder list. Only default folders that you have permissions to, such as Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, and Calendar, will appear in the folder list without top-level mailbox folder permissions.
Additional Microsoft resources