Clear the Auto-Complete Cache
Clear Individual entries from the Auto-Complete Cache
- Open a new email message.
- Type the first few characters of the address to remove in the To... field.
- When the entry appears in the list of suggestions, move your mouse pointer over the suggestion until it becomes highlighted, but don't select it.
- When the X icon appears next to the highlighted suggestion, select X to remove the entry from the list, or press the Delete key on the keyboard. This will remove it from the AutoComplete cache.
Clear all entries from the Auto-Complete Cache
- Select File from the top menu bar.
- From the File menu, select Options.
- Under Options, select the Mail tab, scroll down to the Send Messages section and press Empty Auto-Complete List.
- Press Yes in the confirmation box and the Auto-Complete cache will be completely erased.
Additional Microsoft resources
- Quick Start Guide
- Outlook Training
- Outlook Help
- Download PDF: Outlook Quick Start Guide