Collaborate in OneDrive
File and folder links
- The default type of link that is selected when sharing files or folders is Specific people
- The default permission level is View
Limitations and Restrictions
Please refer to the Limitations and Restrictions page.
Share OneDrive files from your Office apps
To share a file from within Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or another Office app:
Or, select File > Share.
Note: If your file is not already saved to OneDrive, you'll be prompted to upload your file to OneDrive to share it.
Select who you want to share with from the drop-down, or enter a name or email address.
Add a message (optional) and select Send.
Share files from OneDrive on the web
The left pane lets you filter your view of items in OneDrive.
My Files - See all of your OneDrive files and folders.
Recent - See which Office documents you've opened most recently, whether you've modified them or not.
Shared - See items that you've shared with other people and that other people have shared with you.
Recycle bin - See items and folders that you've deleted.
Stop or change sharing
If you are the file owner, or have edit permissions, you can stop or change the sharing permissions.
Select the file or folder you want to stop sharing or change.
- To remove or change the sharing permissions
- To completely stop sharing the item, select Stop sharing at the top of the Manage Access pane.
- To remove a link or change the permissions, click the three dots next to the link to open the Link settings pane.
- To delete the link, select the X next to the link.
- To change the link permissions, select the dropdown arrow under Link settings and choose the appropriate permission setting (Can Edit or Can View).
- To remove a user's access to the link, select the X next to the account you want to remove.
- To allow additional users access to the link, under the section This link works for, select Specify people for this link and type in the user's name or email address